the backyard glows gray and green, bright colors muted
a breeze gently brushes my skin, the scorching heat forgotten, the air cool and damp
the tapping, then beating of rain drowns out the rustle of palm trees
gusts of wind throw mist across my arms and face, the wind chimes sing
thunder cracks, maddy's ears flatten, her pupils widen, she sits wary and cautious, still, alert
a waterfall pours off the roof, splashing into a growing pool
trees and bushes wave and dance, thunder rolls and cracks again, the water slows to drizzle, then picks up louder, louder, louder
the green is now muted by mist and falling water
maddy crouches, relaxed, but still alert
I'm the rain, the colors, the dance, the cat
the porch door slams, the cat jumps high, I'm me again
4 comments:
Beautiful...
I lurve it! =D
Maggie said:
"I lurve it!"
It's damn damn mega good alright.
Hi Maggie, I'll link if that's OK. :)
Hi Bob! totally ok with me :)
Post a Comment