Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fun with DIY

I mentioned on FB that we sprung a leak. It occurred in the pipes right behind the hot water heater, so the same area of our bedroom got waterlogged, though we caught it before it was too bad, and we never did put the stuff back yet from the last leak because we've been meaning to pull up the carpet soon, so nothing but the carpet got wet.

After cutting away the wall we found this:


My husband then spent a few grueling days drilling and pounding through the concrete:


And finally created a temporary fix:


In time, he'll cut out the offending pipe, replace it with new along with some sort of special whatsits that will connect the new to the old, fill in the hole with easy mix concrete, and then we'll pull up the carpet, fix and paint the walls, and put down a new floor. I expect I'll be living with the last view for a few months before all that happens.

No comments: