Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I got the job!

You know that already, of course. I shouted it all over FB and G+. I really am happy about it. Yes, I've worried about how it will affect my painting, if I'm going to end up exhausted and miserable doing the 9 to 5 thing again, or if it will impact my new habits in a negative way. But you know what? It won't. I won't. It won't. I'm not the same person I was a year and a half ago. My approach to my life has undergone a metamorphosis that can't be undone. I've discovered things that really work for me, and I know what the cost is if I were to lose them, and I simply cannot do that. I will quite literally die a slow death if I do, and I can't face that. I've come too far, gained too much good, to let anything get in the way of that, even a job. Especially a job.

This job is the result of my search for a way to make my life fit who I am along with the responsibilities that I have. Though it looked for awhile as though I'd made yet another poor decision, I didn't. I love creating multimedia for the computer. I love education. And I had an absolute blast putting together my presentation. I KNOW this is the right sort of job for me. I do need some structure, and I also need some peace of mind. I need to know that I have a regular paycheck and that I can visit a doctor. I need to know that my daughter's needs will be met. So my next task, now that I know the things that are essential to my sanity, is to find ways to incorporate them into what will become a busier life. And I'm up for that. I'm ready for that. It's like a new adventure, and I long for a bit of adventure right now.

And this is also going to make my dream of Paris come true. I will be able to save up the money and the time and go at last! And once I've achieved that dream, I will create a new one. :-) And meanwhile, I will continue to make time to paint, to meditate, and to learn French.

Yay!

2 comments:

Paula said...

This is wonderful! Of course you can incorporate your good new habits into your new job -- this will make it all even better because you will have the security you need and also the Paris dream (coming true). Congrats again!!

Maggie said...

Guess I should confess that my very first thought when I heard you got the job was...PARIS HERE WE COME!! haha is that selfish or what?! :P