Friday, July 1, 2011

I didn't tell you

the chicken died the night after we took it in. I guess it was more injured (or more traumatized) than it looked. Poor thing. I'd started looking up the care of chickens, how to build houses for them, what they needed, etc. I was actually wanting to find how to get it off our hands in the most humane way possible. My husband was ready to just set it loose and let nature take its course, but I couldn't bring myself to agree because after all, I'd already interrupted nature when I came across it and decided to bring it into the house in the first place. I'm such a nitwit.


1 comment:

Paula said...

I dunno. Birds are pretty delicate, I think. One got in our garage and looked OK, just sort of sat by the garbage can looking a bit bewildered. I kept the cats away, but it just fell over and died within a couple hours.