Thursday, August 11, 2011

Where I work

I'm training with the tax clerks. Although I won't be the content expert, it makes sense that I know their jobs since I'll be putting their training online. But I'm soooooo ready to start learning my own job and not theirs. I want to sit at my own desk and start getting to know the people I'll work with. But I have to do this for a couple of weeks or so. Next week I go to a branch office to shadow them as they begin to work with the public to do vehicle registration. Sigh.

On the upside, I'm on the side of the building that has a view of the bay and my desk area is quite large, not that I've had a chance to sit there yet. And everyone there has been very nice. There's a good atmosphere there. I was given a tour of all the different departments that are part of the tax office.

I don't mean to bore you, but this new job is on my mind at the moment. I took some pics today after work so my family could see where I work. I'm on the 14th floor.


The approach to the building from where I park just a couple of blocks away. It's the tall one on the right.




2 comments:

Chris.tine said...

Do you have to wear suits? In any case, have fun and don't let the architecture (or the people who have been there FOREVER) intimidate you! And have fun.

Anonymous said...

No, no suits. Business casual. I'm more intimidated by the people who are over me than by people who've been there a long time. I like to find the latter and make them my go-to people when I'm stuck. But here, even the people who are over me don't intimidate me because they're all just such nice, comfortable people. I may learn differently in time. ;-)

Grace
But thanks, I do intend to have as much fun here as I can.